The Museum Of Warsaw
This Museum is located in the Old Town, Warsaw and is an excellent place to visit.
The facility was established in 1936 as the Museum of Old Warsaw. It was then housed in three buildings purchased by the municipality in the market square. The museum, along with the collection, was destroyed during the Warsaw Uprising during World War II. After the war, the museum was reopened under its current name and buildings for it were rebuilt in the years 1948-1954 in the context of the unprecedented reconstruction of historic Warsaw.
In April 2014 museum changed its name to Museum of Warsaw.
The various collections in the fields of archeology, painting, graphics, iconography, sculpture, decorative arts, numismatics and architectural drawings, now exceed 250 000 objects. Until the start of the renovations in 2010 there was available exhibitions showing seven centuries of Warsaw history, from its foundation to the present day.
In addition to its exhibitions, the museum has a strong record of publishing (including a Clio Award in 2010 for its series of "Library of Warsaw"), as well as numerous publications on their own collections and the history of Warsaw.